2014年6月14日土曜日

CALL Literary Reaction Journal 4

Ⅰ. summary
The story I choose to summarize and react to is The Selfish Giant by Oscar Wilde. The story tells Selfish Giant's view of life.
私が要約し反応することを選んだ物語は"Oscar Wilde"の"The Selfish Giant"です。この物語はSelfish Giantの人生観を伝えています。

Ⅱ. Reaction

1. Character
The story's main character is Selfish Giant. He was a bad person who is grieved children. But He reflected on his past act and changed good person by a young boy.  The story also appers North wind, Hail, The Frost and The Snow as personfication.
この物語の主人公はSelfish Giantです。彼は子供達を悲しませる悪い人でした。しかし、彼は小さな男の子により自分の過去の行いを反省し、良い人になります。この話はまた擬人法によりNorth wind, Hail, The Frost, The Snowが現れます。

2. Setting
The story happens Giant's garden where children used to play. It was peaceful and lovery garden. But It was occupied by Selfish Giant. It became not coming spring due to Selfish Giant's occupation.
この話は子供たちがかつて遊んでいたSelfish Giant's gardenで起こります。そこは平和で愛される庭でした。しかし、Selfish Giantによって占領されます。その庭はSelfish Giantの占領により春が来なくなります。

3. Denouement
At the end of story, A young boy let selfish Giant go to Paradise. The ending have an great effect on me. I think that young boy is existence like an angel.
話の終わりに、小さな男の子はSelfish Giantを天国に行かせます。その結末は私に強い印象を与えます。私は小さな男の子が天使のように感じました。

4. General opinion
The story uses rich words when it shows seasons. It gives us clear image in our mind. When I read the story, My feeling is positive and comfortable.
この話は季節を表す時に、豊かな言葉を使っています。それは私たちにはっきりした印象を与えます。私はこの話を読んでいる時に、前向きで心地よい気持ちになります。



  

5 件のコメント:

  1. I think you can read this story in detail and your opinion is wonderful.
    I want to read this story!

    返信削除
  2. I read your comment. I think that you understand this story very well. And the expression is so nice. I also want to read this story.

    返信削除
  3. Hello Miki,

    This LRJ is well done. Your comments are thoughtful and show a good understanding of what the aspects of character, setting and denouement are.

    返信削除
  4. Hello Miki.
    I read the story, too. Your reaction and mine are different so I can learn how to reaction. Thank you!

    返信削除
  5. I read this story, too. Your idea is interesting because I couldn't think this idea. So I was interested in your comment.

    返信削除